Research-Based Educational, Behavioral, and Mindfulness Resources for Parents and Educators
Kids often have challenging behaviors that can be hard to address. I specialize in helping children of all abilities, parents, and educators navigate these common behavior concerns:
- Verbal Refusal/Screaming
- Using Inappropriate Language
- Non-Compliance/Not Listening
- Lack of Motivation
- Self-Injurious Behaviors
- Sibling Rivalry
- Elopement/Running Away
Children can test your patience, but there are strategies that will limit your frustration, fear and embarrassment. The services I provide can benefit all parents, including:
- Parents with differing parenting styles.
- Parents of children with special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Parents interested in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services.
- Parents involved in high-conflict divorce situations.
- Parents who just want additional parenting classes, parenting tips, or online parenting lessons.
As a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), I provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to help school staff address problem behaviors in students with and without special needs. These services include:
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA)
- Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
- Staff Trainings
- Supervising 1-on-1 ABA trained aides/behavior interventionists
Jennifer Pla, M.Ed, BCBA, RYT
Hi! My name is Jen and I'm the founder of Aligned Parenting Services. I combine my 19 years of experience as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, school teacher, and registered yoga teacher to create individualized easy-to-follow education and behavior plans for parents and educators. Each plan outlines:
- Why your child or student is demonstrating problem behaviors (tantruming, not listening, inattention, hitting, self-injurious behaviors, etc.)
- How to address problem behaviors when they occur.
- How to prevent problem behaviors from happening in the future.
- How to teach new skills that will promote academic, social, emotional and behavioral growth.
Trainings & Certifications
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Functional Analysis (FA)
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- Positive Behavior Intervention Services (PBIS)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Suicide Prevention
- Relationship Development Intervention (RDI)
- RBT & BCaBA Supervision Provider
- Restorative Practices
- Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher Certification
- Registered Yoga Teacher for Adults (RYT)
- Registered Yoga Teacher for Children (RYTC)
- Verbal Behavior (VB)
- Errorless Learning
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Picture Exchange Communication System
- Discrete Trial Training
- Self & Match
- CPR/First Aid
Jen helped me identify why my daughter was behaving the way she was and gave me a behavior plan to assist with helping my daughter communicate and express herself in more productive ways. She takes the time to really listen to your needs and is clearly passionate about helping you to understand and help your little one(s)!
"Jen is so thorough in her suggestions and gives the psychological explanations to go along with the instructions. She has such simple techniques that every parent can accomplish easily. The flow of the webinar was exceptional. Her examples are realistic and probably ones every parent experiences. I am excited to buy a timer to start using this tool to improve my day. Thank you Jen for a great class!"
"Jen is one of the kindest, sweetest, good-hearted people I know. She has helped me immensely with my 9-year-old son. She helped me implement a system of token rewards for good decisions & he would then be able to use the tokens for his electronics. He not only had a dramatic change in behavior but he also started to make good decisions without even wanting or caring about the reward. It seems he is now recognizing how good it feels to make a good decision. Additionally, he has almost completely stopped using his electronics (because he doesn't want to spend his tokens). Ha go figure!!! Thank you so much Jen!!!!"
"I highly recommend Jen for potty training. Her method is very efficient and she is a joy to work with. She helped potty train my daughter before she turned two years old. It only took three days before she was off diapers 100% during day and night."
"Jen takes the time to really listen and understand parents struggles with their children. She helps parents come up with an effective and realistic plan that will work with their family’s lifestyle in helping their child reach their full potential."
"Jen was open and warm, which made us feel comfortable right away. Her expertise and suggestions with ADHD helped us tremendously."
"I attended a free Potty Training class provided by Jennifer. The class was fun and useful. She provides us a step-by-step guide about how Potty Train. She then sent on the documents that she mentioned in her class to us in the following week. I definitely feel more confident about Potty Training now."
Jen is super knowledgeable and I really like the fact she had been a teacher and has really seen it all! She also is super welcoming and even the "stupid questions" you feel comfortable asking. She is willing to do whatever she can in support of a happy home and I feel really special for getting to hear her speak.
Jennifer came to talk to our group of moms and was so valuable and generous with her information! She is so knowledgeable and we highly recommend her!
Fit4Mom - Irvine, CA